Staying organized and keeping events/ dates all straight is always tricky!
Yes of course, we have Smart Phones to keep our calendars…. yet sometimes we need to hang some important keys, necklace, lanyard, pin up a fast note or save a cool label, ticket or picture! If you are a visual person like me, gosh I need a reminder board as a landing space, to quickly glance at it each day as I run out!
Upcycling made this board redesign almost free!
Here’s How to create your own old school Cork board Hack!
- Select a dramatic latex paint colour!
- (Note: You can use a contrasting colour from your walls or your wall paint for a monochromatic look!)
- Paint with roller or brush 2 coats of paint, let dry between coats
- Clean up edges or frame or repaint frame- depending on material of frame you may have to use a spray paint
- I created metallic thumb tacks by spraying a light coat of metallic spray paint to old tacks (picture included)
- Select your favourite colour note paper as ‘To Do Notes” Have Fun with your old school cork board and ‘Pin Up’ whatever your smart phone will not hold!